Requirment for M.S. or Ph.D degree
Ⅰ. Requirement for degree of master of sciences (MS)
- The master's thesis review committee (3 members) for degree requests for graduate school master's degree students in the Department of Chemistry is formed one semester before the expected date of conferment of the degree according to the recommendation of the thesis advisor.
- Master's degree students must submit their thesis research results to the master's thesis review committee for evaluation one semester before the expected date of conferment. The master's thesis review committee may, if necessary, have the thesis research results presented orally.
- When students in the master's degree program request thesis review, they must present at least one thesis at a national academic conference or present at least one thesis in a SCIE-registered journal (completed publication of a separate print).
Ⅱ. Requirement for Ph.D degree
- After completing the course, it is required to choose five preliminary committee members under the guidance of academic advisor(s).
- Students in Ph.D program(Ph.D candidate) can submit their thesis research results for evaluation after forming the doctoral thesis pre-evaluation committee. The Doctoral Dissertation Preliminary Examination Committee may, if necessary, orally present the research results of the dissertation. Ph.D. students in the Department of Chemistry must receive a preliminary examination 6 months prior to final thesis examination and be judged eligible.
- The final committee for the final Ph.D. defence should include five members (1 chair, and 4 members). In particular at least three members from the preliminary committee should be included. Two members in the final committee can be chosen from outside, but at least one of them should be an expert in the field of research for Ph.D. candidate.
- The following two conditions must be satisfied when Ph.D students request a dissertation review for their degree request. (1) “The sum of the impact factor of papers published as the first author after two papers published as the first author in a SCIE journal is 3 or more” or “The impact of a paper published as the first author in a SCIE journal The factor index must be 5 or more”. However, if the advisor is the first author, even the second author may be recognized as the first author. The performance of co-first authors is calculated by dividing the number of co-first authors. The thesis is limited to those published in a separate print by the date of submission of the thesis evaluation result for the degree request. (2) An oral presentation must be made at an international/national conference or in English at an intramural conference.
Ⅲ. Regulations on deliberation of thesis plagiarism
- When reviewing the thesis of chemistry graduate students, graduate students are obliged to submit the plagiarism prevention program test results, and the thesis judges must confirm them.